Thursday, October 15, 2015

Luke's last post as the baby!

Sigh, I can't believe within a few short weeks (days??!!!) that Luke isn't going to be the baby in the family anymore!!!  He has been such a blessing to our family and completely changed the dynamic of our household.  He's funny, and clingy, and athletic, and the biggest Mama's boy you'll ever meet!  But I know he's going to be an amazing big brother from the start and his love for babies is the cutest thing ever!!! 
 
Some of his favorite sayings are "Mama, I neeeeeeed you!", "Mama, I'm more hungry again!", "I have two ones" when describing two objects, and "Where am I going?" when he hears us discussing plans for soccer practices or other schedules of the girls that he constantly gets drug to.  And we love the way he says Hailey...it's "Hay-yay"
 
Boys and their toys!!!!!  Leevi claims that he bought this remote control truck for Luke, but considering the age on the box says 14+, I have a feeling that he had other intentions.  They do love driving it together though.  Poor Luke had to wait all day for Leevi to get home to open the box and you know Leevi was excited also because he hadn't even taken off his work boots before he started tinkering with it! 
Both boys LOVE construction trucks of any kind...Luke had a doctor's appointment and we stopped to watch the cement mixer for 5 minutes!
The city was doing some construction work in our front yard one morning with the water pipes and the boys watched this backhoe for the entire hour!  I felt like I should have tipped the worker! :) 
They only left the window to get some trucks to play with on the ledge!
Silly boy!


We had a field trip with MOPS one morning to the Waynesville Fire Station...the boys were in heaven!



He is still super particular about being tidy (I love it and he totally gets that from Leevi!!!!)  His room is rarely messy and he makes sure to get it organized before bed!  Now if only Kailee had inherited that gene! :)  
One of Luke's favorite books is "Go Dog, Go!"  He has it memorized and I overheard him reading it to Cody one day while I was making lunch!
Frog catching...
and slug investigating!
I wake up to this sweet little face every morning!  This, without a doubt, will be his hardest transition when the baby comes...he comes in every night between midnight and 2am and only wants me to snuggle on and rub my ears (so sweet, but the most annoying gesture when I'm trying to sleep!!!)  It will definitely be tough on him when I have to try and sneak away from his smothering arm clamp and feed a newborn!
He graciously leaves me a sliver of our king sized bed to sleep on!
One of his favorite shirts that holds so true!!
He LOVES doing any type of work with Leevi...yardwork, car repairs, house repairs.  I took him outside one night after his bath to say goodnight to Leevi while he was changing a headlight on his truck and Luke was squirming like crazy to get out of my arms to dig through Leevi's toolbox. 
We've taken all of the kids in the past to a Lowe's Build and Grow workshop, but this one was Superheroes so we decided to let it be a Father/Son outing.  Luke was sooooo excited and when it was time to leave, he disappeared into the basement and came back up with his toolbox! 
They built Thor's chariot!  Going into Lowe's itself is like a field trip for Luke!  Leevi had a few items to get for his "honey-to-do" list and Luke more than willingly browsed the aisles with him! :)

No comments: