Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things Part 1

Aren't all 2 yr olds funny? What makes it so humorous is that their thoughts are so innocent. Hailey cracks us up on a daily basis, mostly because we are her parents and think everything she does is witty, precocious, and charming, but some of the stuff she comes up with really is funny! I've got three examples for this post...one from this week which prompted the idea and two memorable ones from a few months ago.

Tale One: Hailey and I usually take our dog, Leila, for a walk before dinner and before Leevi gets home from work. Hailey has recently wanted to walk instead of ride in the stroller which I usually don't mind because why not tire her out a little more before bedtime? This particular day, she decided that on our way back she didn't want to walk anymore. I tried reasoning, threatening, and ignoring her and only gave in when we hit our block and was too embarrassed for the neighbors to hear and see me "neglecting" my daughter! :) Also, before dinner she got upset about something and my long day with a 2 yr old needed to be over and let Daddy take charge! So, that night at dinner, I was sitting there apparently looking exhausted and Hailey asks me, "What's wrong, Momma? What's wrong, Momma? Do you need a break?!" My thoughts were, 'Oh yes, and a drink if I weren't pregnant!!' :)

Tale Two: Sometime right before Hailey turned two, she and I were laying in her bed for a nap. She was restless and talking and wouldn't settle down. I told her "No more talking or I was going to leave the room"...she snuggled over and calmed down. A few minutes later I whispered to her, "I love you!" and she replied, "No talking, Momma." :)

Tale Three: About a month or two before Hailey's second birthday we were driving to a friend's house for a get-together. There is a city dump that we have to pass along the way that always puts out the most unpleasant smells even with the windows up! Leevi and I were have a conversation in the front of the car and Hailey was in the back minding her own business when all of a sudden she pipes up and says, "Daddy, you're stinky!!!" I could only laugh and think he brought that all on himself!!!

No comments: