Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nigh-Night Time



Bedtime for Hailey at the MacDonald house is a pretty consistent routine starting after dinner with a bath (or recently she's wanted to take a shower), a few books, prayers, and then lights out. You'll see in the pics that Leila usually joins her and stays most of the night or she'll move to her bed in our room when we go to bed.


Right now we are "stuck" on the books 'Hop on Pop' and 'Clifford' (when he is a puppy). She'll usually have a favorite for a few weeks. After I finish reading the stories to her, she wants to read them back to me...it's pretty cute because her retelling of the story is pretty accurate. She even sometimes licks her finger to turn the page! Ha!! I guess I do that! And then she ends her book with, "A-men"! :)


The baby is always pretty active at this time...I like to think he/she is already enjoying story-time too, but mostly likely they are just happy that I've eaten dinner! :)


After books, Hailey says her prayers and prays for specific family and friends and then will throw in a random person or thing (like a Backyardigan character, or a doll, or her baby stroller) Always a surprise! :)

1 comment:

Amy Ross said...

Hi Claudia!! It is so good to see your blog...and your cute, cute little girl!! It is fun to keep in touch this way, and I hope we can keep it up! Congrats on your next baby... I will add you to my preggo friends list to pray for... an uneventful pregnancy and "easy" delivery!
Take Care!
Amy