Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leave it to Hailey...

We had our typical bedtime routine tonight...bath, books, bed. While I nurse Kailee and get her down for the night, Hailey picks out her bedtime books and then reads to herself (and to her pets...so cute) while she is waiting 10 minutes or so on me. She always bombards me with questions during storytime (plot details, explaining pictures, etc...I love it), but tonight she had one waiting for me when I walked in her room. She had found a book we had read a few times (she'd said she'd been looking for it for a long time!) and immediately quizzed me on a pawprint she'd been pondering....

Hailey: Who made this pawprint?
Mommy: Aloha Bear
Hailey: With his hand or his foot?
Mommy: His hand
(She then turns the page...)
Hailey: But his hand only has two (pointing to the picture and then turns the page back) and this one has one, two, three, four.
Mommy: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........


Her attention to detail and memory recall amazes me sometimes....toddlers are such sponges!!! Anyway, since I am talking about bedtime, Hailey redeemed herself from her "Dear God, please help me to be very, very grumpy" comment last week and said tonight after blessing specific family and friends, "And God Bless everyone that I don't know." :)

No comments: