Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Dentist

I was finally able to get Hailey to the dentist for the first time. I don't know why it took me forever, but I couldn't remember to get her onto our dental insurance. After I finally did it, it took awhile for the insurance to kick in and then it took awhile for me to get an appointment. Anyway, both Hailey and I went to the dentist just down the hill last week and had a clean bill of health! No cavities! I didn't expect them for her, but I was worried about myself! :)

The picture above is the ONLY picture I was able to take of her (and that was in the lobby AFTER the appt while I was paying...and the bill was only $1.86 for the both of us! Gotta love the military (sometimes!) and the fact that we didn't need any major dental work!) Back to the picture, yep that was all I was able to document of her 1st trip to the dentist. Our appts were supposed to be back to back, so I could be there to hold her hand and tell her to be brave, but the hygienist came to get her shortly after I started my cleaning and she asked Hailey if she'd like to go with her and Hailey did! Such a big girl! I thought I'd be done before she was, but after awhile they came back with a full report on how wonderful she was. :) She told me that they did xrays, brushed her teeth and flossed them. Later that night when I was prying for information she told me that the dentist said that she had beautiful teeth and that when she asked her if she let her mommy brush her teeth she told them, "I can do it myself" Ha! :) So there you have it, you know as much about the dental visit as I do. Maybe when she goes again in May, I be able to get a picture of her in the act! :)

No comments: