Friday, February 26, 2010

Our First Family Bug!

I'm way behind on blogging (most importantly about the birthday girl!!!!), but we were attacked Wednesday night by our first family stomach virus! I suppose we should be lucky that after being parents for 4 years that this is the first time that we've had to deal with barf! :) But the big unlucky part was that both Leevi and I got it too!!!! This virus has affected 8 of our friends (that I know of)...we were all wallowing in self-pity through text messages yesterday. Vomit, diarrhea, headache, body aches...lovely. Kailee started us off after dinner on Wednesday when she puked all over Hailey's hair and down her back! Poor things!!! I've dealt with my fair share of puking children (thank you Kownack Kids!) :) but this was the first barf (not baby spit up) from one of our girls. We got everyone cleaned up and got Kailee to bed and after she was down for about 20 minutes she threw up again! We went through 3 sets of pajamas and 3 bed sheets and 3 baths in 2 hours. We could not get Helpful Hailey to bed because she wanted in on all the action with Kailee. The most adorable part was when Kailee was up for the 3rd time I walked past Hailey's room and I saw her with her hands folded and praying "for God to take away Kailee's throw up" It melted my heart! After the girls were finally settled down, Leevi and I started to feel queasy but we thought it was all in our head. Little did we know that early the next morning we would be barf bonding together over the toilet and sink! Kailee woke up fine...it seemed to leave just as fast as it came. Leevi has it the worst. Poor Hailey was left to fend for herself most of the day yesterday while Leevi was planted on the couch and I was glued to the bed. She probably watched a months worth of t.v. and she helped herself to whatever food she wanted. :) We didn't care. Around 5pm last night I started turning the corner. Kailee was up last night with a fever and Hailey came in complaining about her stomach, but was able to get back to sleep. My headache still lingers this morning, but I'm able to function and try to get the house right-side up again...starting with a can of Lysol!!! Check back over the next few days for blog posts! And since I can't post a picture of sickies...here's a cute one of two healthy girls! :)

No comments: