Saturday, February 6, 2010

Baby MacDonald #3

Did my title make you guys think I was pregnant?! Well........I'm not! And am desperately trying to not have Baby Mac #3, but fate may be running it's own course! The absurdity of my failed efforts at getting birth control have us really questioning our destiny. :) With LOST on the brain...are we destined to have another child no matter how much I try to prevent it?! To clear up my ramblings, here's my dilemma...

Almost a month ago I went in for my annual exam and consulted with the doctor about stopping the pill and getting an IUD. She agreed and explained the process of getting a referral, then a consult, and then the procedure (a pain, but no biggie). She said she'd give me one more pill packet to get me through the month. I left the office and headed to the pharmacy only to find (OBSTACLE #1) it would probably be an hour wait. I decided to come back at a later date because Leevi was home watching all 5 babies (his birth control!) :) I knew Leevi was going to be on post later that week, so he'd be able to pick up my prescription. When Leevi went to get the script filled we found out that (OBSTACLE #2) my dr. forgot to call it in!!! I called the next day and another doctor was able to write one for me and I could pick it up at a different pharmacy closer to some errands that I had to do that day. I went to pick it up and (OBSTACLE #3) the computers were down!!!! The next day I called to see if the computers were working and drove over to Pearl Harbor specifically for that only and (OBSTACLE #4) the prescription was supposed to get filled at Schofield! I laughed at the pharmacist and joked that someone is trying to get me pregnant! She was able to switch it around and I got it filled. I finally got my referal call and scheduled my appt for my consult. I arrived at the dr. office at 2:10 today for my 2:30 appt only to find that (OBSTACLE #5) I was late and the appt was supposed to be at 1:30!!!!!!!!!!

So.......................I am calling my doctor on Monday and getting a year prescription of the pills (not taking any chances!) and hopefully will get a second consult appt soon! Until then, hopefully FATE will stay at bay and we can continue our happy little life as a family of FOUR!

No comments: