Monday, February 22, 2010

The Swamp Romp

I participated for the first time in the 16th Annual Kaneohe Marine Corps Base Swamp Romp!! It's a 5 mile run through the mud! And not just ankle deep mud...we're talking MUD PITS knee deep and thigh deep and mud rivers up to chest deep!!! We had to duck tape our shoes on to keep them from being suctioned off in the mud!! There were a few obstacles along the way, like a wall to climb over and crates to army crawl through, but mostly just mud!!!

I've played my fair share of soccer games in the rain and the fields got muddy, but nothing like this (Pic below is one of our most memorable rain games in college...I think we look somewhat clean because it was raining so hard and washed the mud off of us!) And I've participated in the Annual Octoberfest Oozeball (Volleyball) game in college...But nothing like this.... This was one of the mud fields we had to cross. I looked around online for pics of the actual mud pits that were thigh deep, but couldn't find any. You had to keep moving and try to stay on top of the mud because if you sunk there wasn't much hope for you getting yourself out without help! :)
The water truck at the end to hose everyone off. Most people just threw everything away! :)
Tiffany, Sarah, Rachael, Jamie, Me, and Sharice at the end of the race

1 comment:

amy said...

I so remember both those soccer moments. Not the best soccer game for me. Brandi was subed in for me and then I sat the bench :) We have a mud run here, but nothing like that!