Saturday, April 10, 2010

This Day May be Coming...

I wrote the post below last night and had it scheduled to publish this afternoon, but now I need to amend it...guess who walked into our room at 6am this morning....yes, the monkey climbed out of her crib!!!!! I could hear her on the monitor that she was awake, but was ignoring her and hoping that she'd go back to sleep (usually she's down until after 7am and the night before we were running errands so she was up past bedtime) We keep a baby gate propped up on her door so Leila won't push it open during the night and this morning I heard it knock down and in walks Kailee saying, "Shhhhh" with her finger over her mouth. Ha! Obviously, if this continues we'll have to convert the crib to a toddler bed because of safety reasons, but I'm hoping we can solve this problem by just going in her room after she wakes up before the attempt to climb out occurs...so much for wishful thinking of her going back to sleep. We'll see....

The girls are going to share a room after the move this summer. We haven't decided on bed situations (I'd like to keep Kailee in the crib as long as possible), but Hailey is dying for Kailee to sleep in her full-size bed with her. I guess we'll see....but new sleeping arrangements may come sooner than we think because I caught Kailee-Monkey straddling the top of her crib rail this week during naptime! Ughh!!!! She was crying and not wanting to nap (which is odd...she is sooooo easy to get to bed) and I had already been in there once to make sure she still had her wawas (which she didn't because she had thrown them on the ground) and I went back for a second time to try to rock her to sleep and found her stuck on top! Hmmmm....I've since tried to get her to do it again, but she hasn't shown me how so hopefully it was a fluke. Her crib does convert to a toddler bed, but I'm not ready for her to have the "freedom" to get out on her own! :) (Pic is of Kailee at 2 months and Hailey at 2 1/2 yrs)

1 comment:

The Hoffmans said...

What an adorable picture