Saturday, May 1, 2010

Naptime Mischief!

I mentioned briefly earlier in the week about how Kailee showed Brooke how to get out of her pack-n-play during naptime...well, after recent naptime shenanigans this week I decided to use the night-vision feature on my camera and set it up in the girls' room during naptime (They nap in the spare bedroom soon to be for Gavin's baby brother coming in September!) Previously during naptime at my house, Brooke napped in a pack-n-play in my bedroom, Kailee in her crib in her room, Gavin in Hailey's bed and Jackson in a pack-n-play in Hailey's room. Other than when Kailee learned how to climb out of her crib a few weeks ago, naptime was a breeze and I'd have almost 3 hours before the last baby woke up. At Steph's house it's too much of a pain to put one of the girls in the master bedroom, so we are attempting keeping the girls together and hoping they will adjust to a shared room. Well.....the first day, Kailee climbed right out of her pack-n-play in into Brooke's! She showed Brooke how to get out by using the recliner next to the p-n-p. They were so giggly and cute I couldn't get mad, but simply moved the recliner (trapping Brooke!) and then rocked Kailee to sleep and all was good. The next day, Brooke learned that she could get out of the p-n-p without the recliner and the games began! :) The 3rd day there were no issues and they both laid down and went right to sleep. I thought, "awesome! they are already adjusted!" Little did I know that they were just setting me up for being fooled the next day...day 4, I laid them in bed and said goodnight and shut the door. I heard giggling and walked back in to find Kailee in Brooke's p-n-p and Brooke without a diaper! I got the trouble makers back in bed and shut the door. I headed back downstairs with Hailey and moments later I hear Jackson screaming from his p-n-p...both monkeys had gotten out and were in the boys' room! I shooed them back, scold them as much as you can scold a 19 month old and 22 month old :) and walked out! They were so cute, but I tried to be firm, "go to sleep!" :) I called the party off when I found them again in the boys' room (this time, both Jackson and Gavin were already asleep...thankfully, they didn't wake the boys!) Brooke laid down and I rocked Kailee to sleep and all was good. After that I decided to set up the camera for the next day....the clip is pretty cute! I put the 2nd escape attempt in fast forward just to speed the video along, but it turned out pretty funny because their voices are sped up and they sound exactly like the little mice that they are sneaking around in the dark!!!!! (And I should add that my innocent Kailee did not initiate either escape attempts...at least not this time! :) And it also sounds like Brooke cries when she falls out of the p-n-p, but it is actually Kailee realizing that Brooke is loose!) :)

No comments: