Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting Ready for the Next Chapter

We can't wrap our heads around the thought that we are moving from Hawaii in less than a month. It won't seem real until we are gone. I don't even want to think about the good-byes...I've mentioned several times in the past about our Hawaiian Ohana and the incredible bond that is created by us being "stranded" on this island away from immediate family and I think about the last 7 years of our lives and how it was such an important growing phase...marriages, babies, the good and sad...I don't think there was a issue that didn't come up, but more importantly that wasn't solved with love from our friends. There was one newborn and two marriages when I met this group and now there are 11 married couples, 14 babies and 4 and counting on the way!

We met with the new renters a few weeks ago and turned over the keys. It was very bitter sweet...we were exhausted mentally and physically and just grateful to have found renters and be done with the cleaning etc, but at the same time I had moments of tears knowing we are leaving our first house we've owned, a brand new place that only we had lived in, a place we lived as a whole family.

As for Germany, we are incredibly excited, but there are so many unknowns that make my head spin. Housing, preschool for Hailey, job for me, potential daycare for Kailee, car situation, foreign language, on and on and on! We'll just have to wait until we get there...if we survive the flight out of the country with two kids and a dog!

No comments: