Thursday, September 15, 2011

Navy Waterparks


We had full intentions on going to Oceanbreeze Waterpark while we were in Virginia Beach until I discovered these two military waterparks which didn't come close in price comparison!  Maybe if Leevi were with me and we could enjoy the adult waterrides at Oceanbreeze it would have been worth the money but I was much happier to spend FIVE DOLLARS entry fee to these pools (girls were FREE) than spending a fortune for one day at Oceanbreeze and running the risk of bad weather or a grumpy Kai.  She wasn't the biggest fan of these pools mainly because we seemed to miss the huge heat wave in VB and the temperatures on the days we went were a little overcast and almost chilly in the water!  Over our time in VB we went here 4 times...once by myself and then with Josie; Annie and Josie; and then Bobby, Annie and Josie!  The girls loved playing with them in the water and I loved having their help!!
Our favorite slide was the big white one on the right!


These one was a little further away and doesn't look as large from the picture but there is another slide to the right and a kiddie area with a slide too.


The first time that I went alone, Kai was pretty clingy and it was chilly.  When I decided that she had had enough, I told Hailey that she could go down "one more" slide!  Kai ended up falling asleep while she waited on her so we stayed an extra hour!  I could see Hailey go on all of her favorite slides from where I was sitting so she got to roam around like a big kid! 


These lillypads were Hailey's favorite at the Gator Pool.  At the beginning and end she was too short to reach and had to "monkey bar" it across and she was sooooo proud of herself!!!




I still can't believe she's brave enough for these slides!!!!!!  And I couldn't catch her at the bottom so she had to swim over all by herself!

No comments: