Friday, September 7, 2012

Exploring...

A few weeks ago we went to the lake near our house...I thought I knew the name of it but when I googled the name on our ticket, it pulled up some place completely different.  Leevi found this place when he was driving a new route to work (he checked it out mid-week and thought it be great to take the kids over the weekend).  Hot days in Germany are few and far between, but this particular Saturday happened to be in the low nineties.  We loaded up everything needed for 3 kids at a lake and made the very short drive from our house.  I commented to Leevi that didn't he think it might be pretty crowded since it was so hot AND it was the weekend....his reply was, "No way!" 
 
Ha!  :)  Leevi dropped the girls and I off to get in line while he found a parking spot and loaded up everything! 
The parking lot!

The line to get in!!!
Once we were in it wasn't bad ...there was sooo much land and we were able to find a place in the shade pretty close to the water. 


Luke practicing his crawling...this was just before he really started moving!


The sand was red clay....THANKFULLY it was not like red dirt in Hawaii and it didn't stain.

And the water was FREEZING!  Somehow kids don't notice how cold the water is when they are playing in it!!

I had really hoped this little stinker would take a nap (so that I could too!!!)

He had too much fun people watching!
I didn't get a picture but Leevi took the girls out on a row boat and they each found a lily and lily pad.
 


Yummy ice cream before we headed home...this picture of Hailey cracks me up...she looks like she's 26 and not 6!
 And she looks like she's 3!  :) 

No comments: