Friday, September 28, 2012

Social Media!

Technology never seizes to amaze me...even with all of the flaws of social media, I can't stay away!  Blogging and Facebook make living so far away bearable!  Pintrest is the latest addiction (not really...I don't have time for an addiction, but I definitely will search on there for a specific idea...birthday, house decor, kid craft, etc.)  I actually have a few projects waiting in the wings for Leevi for the house!  Below are a few of my favorite things pulled from the web....
 

Pillowcase mattresses...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these for our cold tile floor!  They are massive though, so I just had to buy a trunk to keep them in.  After giving a whole-hearted search, we found an antique 120 year old trunk from Belgium...my first major European furniture buy (that could definitely be a whole addiction in itself over here!!!)  But,yes, the pillows are great and we even used them to corral Luke to the carpet when he started crawling (now, there is no point!) 


Ivory soap and toilet paper dough!!  This was pretty awesome and the making of it was just as fun as the playing.  Microwave a bar of ivory soap and it puffs up into a cloud!  Then add water and toilet paper to make a molding dough!  Pretty awesome experiment!

Peanut butter playdough!  Peanut butter, honey, and confectioners sugar!  And Leila was VERY helpful in cleaning up!!! 
More Pintrest fun....mix fabric softner with water to brush doll hair!  We spent an entire afternoon brushing barbies and babies!
 

 
And my favorite social media steal!!!!  I joke that Pintrest is the reason that I needed to have another baby!!!!   I had been on the hunt for a German wine crate and I was waiting for Luke to sit up a little better on his own....Luke sitting up and crawling away came practically simultaneously, so I'm not sure I could have gotten this shot much later than I did!  My window of easy photographing is OVER! 

1 comment:

Sara Maida said...

Oh I love this post!!

I want to try the soap thing!!