Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Birthday Girl!

Happy birthday to the most easy going, funny, caring four year old MONKEY we know!  She is definitely the calm in my storm these days!!!  She's so (99% of the time) flexible and goes with the chaos flow of our everyday life! 
Four years of BIRTHday fun!
She asked for a Blueberry party (her favorite Strawberry Shortcake character) but I had a hard time finding just Blueberry things, so we made our own!  I always let the girls help make their cake, but then they have to disappear while I decorate it! 
We haven't met too many little girls Kailee's age, so we opted for a low-key party with the Kent family back in Heidelberg.  Lauren is a gymnastic instructor for the SKIES program, so we had FREE AND PRIVATE access to the gym.  The kids had a blast and I almost felt like squatting there for the next month because it was the PERFECT place for Luke to roam free!!!
So fun!!!
A private lesson from Lauren!  The gym class for Kai's age here in Kaiserslautern conflicts with Hailey's school pick up time or Kai would DEFINITELY be enrolled!!!!  I keep checking back to see if they have changed the times!  She's on a waitlist for a few other sessions!
According to Leevi and the girls, no party is complete without a pinata!
Singing Happy Birthday....Kai had the most adorable wish when she blew out her candles "I wish I could see my friends all of the time"  :)  
We've known for years that the girl loves cake!!!
Present time!  I sent a list with Leevi to the States when he was traveling this summer!  
Handstands!  Belle is a professional!
It was an awesome afternoon!
Since the party was low-budget, I asked Kai if she wanted to go to the salon to get her hair done!  Hailey had an early release the day before Kailee's birthday, so we were able to go around noon instead of cramming it in after school on a school night!  The girls had their hair straightened (by request!) and two color extensions put in!  Hailey got blue and pink and Kai picked purple and pink. So fun! 
Kai's hair was fine when she woke up in the morning, but Hailey's was back to her typical morning crazy!!!  BUT, as promised, I flat ironed it again before school!!! 
It wasn't even two hours before one of Kai's extensions fell out!!!!  Ughh!!!  Her hair is very fine and I guess they hadn't wrapped it around enough strands!  You better believe that I dragged all of us back to the salon so they could put it in again!  They lasted about a week and a half...
 
I always like to save their actual birthday for family.  Even if it falls on a weekend, I will plan their party on a different day so we can spread out the birthday fun!  Kai requested a Belle cake and again she helped make it, but then was forced to play in her room while I decorated it!
The big girl had her 4 yr check up on Friday!  She is in the 87% for height and she got all four of her immunizations without the slightest of a whimper (seriously!!!) 
Happy Birthday, baby girl!  We love you!!!
 
 



No comments: