Saturday, January 10, 2009

Clorox Uses

I'm getting ready to start watching two friend's babies on Monday and was wondering a safe way to clean the toys. Kailee has also begun to grab at toys and put them in her mouth, so I need a deep cleaning of all the "chew toys"! I used to put Hailey's toys in the dishwasher, but with all the BPA heating issues that scares me now. I saw a Clorox commerical today with a "recipe" for cleaning toys and a website for other recipes for cleaning baby stuff. I wasn't sure if bleach was safe to use for things they put in their mouths...apparently it is.

For cleaning toys: Mix 3/4 cup bleach per gallon of water; soak toys for 5 minutes; rinse; and air dry

The website is www.cloroxbleachuses.com

1 comment:

Amy Ross said...

I put a couple of tablespoons of vinegar in a spray bottle with water. Sometimes I'll add a few drops of ivory dishsoap...anyway, vinegar kills the germs and is definitely safe for kiddos! I actually clean pretty much everything in our house with that homemade/safe cleaner!