Monday, January 26, 2009

Jekyll and Hyde

Hailey's attitude was night and day between Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Leevi was always the one to do the "fun stuff" on the weekends with Hailey after Kailee was born and I'd usually stay home to catch up on chores, etc. Well, now that he's in Afghan. I need to fill that roll. We drove to the other side of the island to go to a place called 808 Bounce that has the inflatable jump houses. It was pretty cool...6 different jumping "things"...slide, houses, mat, etc. Hailey was a little intimidated by the bigger kids (a group of 9 or 10 yr. old boys kind of took over the place), but for only 7 bucks you could come and go as you pleased, so we took a break and walked around the mall. Hailey had been having some "moments" most of the morning from being picky about which shoes she wanted to wear to riding in the stroller vs. walking. Overall, she just wasn't as chipper as I hoped she would be on such a special outing. The final straw that broke MY back came when she complained about the chocolate ice cream with sprinkles that I had gotten her because she wanted a CONE not a CUP! I THOUGHT to myself, "you ungrateful little brat! Who complains about ice cream??!!! Do you realize how far I drove to come do a special thing for you? How much of a pain it is to drag two babies across town? How I should be home cleaning the house after I worked all week? or How I wished I could be just sitting on the couch after I worked all week?" I counted to 10 and took some deep breaths and pushed my crying two year old to a fitting room at Macy's where I fed Kailee and Hailey and I had a heart to heart. She pulled herself together and when we went back to the jump place and she was perfect! Later that night we talked again when I was putting her to bed and she really seemed to get what I was saying and seemed to understand that she hurt my feelings earlier. Sunday morning we had some more running around to do...I got our taxes done and then since Hailey behaved so well we went to park on the way home. That night we walked down to Tiffany's for dinner and she and Colin got along wonderfully! Anyway, hopefully we are almost over the terrible twos...I haven't really had it too bad...she only started her "independence" around 2 1/2. Can't believe my baby turns 3 next month!!!

Here are some pictures from the weekend...

At 808 Bounce

At the Kid Zone in the mall
Just along for the ride
Hailey and Colin having "dinner"...when I told her it was time to really eat, she replied that she already had dinner.
Rylee and Hailey after a bath in their matching jammies
Mason and Kailee...they really are about the same size even though Kailee looks monsterous next to him. It must be those horizontal stripes deceiving the eye! :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Be forewarned...3 is MUCH WORSE than 2 in the independence (aka BRAT stage). Colin was a wonderfully calm 2 year old whose tantrum consisted of a no from him, a look from me, and then all was well. Not so much anymore...now it's knock down drag out over silly things like "I wanted to wear THOSE pants!!!!!"