Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Big Girl!!!

Kailee had her first Big Girl Bath last week. She had recently been bathing IN her tub IN the big tub with Hailey, but I'm anxiously selling all the "baby stuff" as Kailee out grows it and the baby tub is the next bulky thing to go! Here she is in the bath by herself and then last night with Rylee and Hailey.

The week of firsts for Kailee continued with the purchase of her new Big Girl carseat! She isn't too big for the infant carrier, but again as I carry out my purge of baby things it was the next to go along with the matching stroller (travel system) that I never use anymore since we have the double stroller. I've wanted to sell it as a set, so I've been holding out waiting on the carrier. We don't really venture out too much and when we do, Kailee rarely stays in the carrier outside the car...she can sit in a shopping cart now or she will go in the Bjorn. The new carseat should have a blog post of it's own because I am so thrilled about it!! I LOVE Hailey's carseat that she has had since she was 7 months old (Combi Avatar) but I was having trouble finding another one in Hawaii. Recently quite a few friends of mine have purchased the Evenflo Triumph. I was trying to decide between that one and the Graco Comfort Sport (I love the girly patterns!), but once I found out that the Evenflo had two AMAZING features I was sold!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the start it has the wonderful typical features of "side impact, recline, front/rear facing, good price etc.", but it ALSO has straps that adjust without having to rethread/take apart anything AND the cover can come off to wash it WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO UNBUCKLE THE CARSEAT FROM THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would you even consider anything else??!!! If you have an infant and haven't bought the next carseat yet, this is the one to buy!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of the big girl...she had just woken up in the morning and Hailey was dying for me to put her in her seat to try it out (who am I kidding? I was too!). I'm so excited about this carseat that I asked Hailey if she would want one too and her response was, "No thanks. Mine is perfect!" Ha! She's too much and too right...I need to control myself, she doesn't need a new one! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am Britax Marathon fan! I just purchased a second one for our other car this past week and you would have thought I was buying a car, the way I researched all of the patterns, etc. The seat will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait! It is so sad how happy a new car seat makes us!

Mrs. Swann said...

We have 2 of the Evenflo triumphs that both of the older girls used to ride in! I totally agree that they are great seats (and reasonably priced).