Monday, March 2, 2009

My Big Helper

My Big Helper, no not Hailey...Leila! Leila has been a great big sister and really helped me out over the past week. Typically, Hailey does not nap and both girls are in bed asleep by 7 each night...she crashes within minutes after our books. On days that Hailey does take a nap (if we are driving somewhere and she falls asleep or I purposefully put her down for a nap if we have something to do that night) she tends to go to bed much later. Yesterday she fell asleep on our way home from Walmart and napped for about an hour. I thought that since she has a cold she'd be ready for bed around her usual time...WRONG! We had our same routine about half and hour later than usual and read a few books and I layed with her until 7:45 and then had to get up to get some things done before I went to bed myself (I've got a cold too and needed to get to bed early) She started crying because she didn't want to be alone, so I told her I'd send Leila in with her. Hailey wimpered for a bit and I had to go back in a few times because her nose was extra runny from the cold mixed with crying. I thought for sure she was asleep after 20 minutes or so but then the "I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I have to pee" started. (I did let her get out of bed to pee) and then after another 20 min. the "my nose is yucky, my nose hurts, I need medicine" started. After an hour of her laying there with Leila (in the dark and not talking) I went in to take this picture and she was STILL awake!!! Finally sometime between then and 9 she crashed. I snuck this picture, pulled her up to her pillow and then shooed Leila out after a big thank you pat!

Leila had also helped me out last weekend on Saturday when Hailey napped and I needed to get things ready that night for her party on Sunday. What a great pup!

No comments: