Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tidbits from Hailey Part II

My big three year old is becoming such a young lady that I forget at times that she is just 3. She is so helpful and funny and loving and smart that my expectations of her are set high and when she acts up or has a meltdown I have to remind myself that she is just barely three! She's such a great big sister and I love to watch Kailee light up when Hailey is around.

Here are some little tidbits from Hailey:

When you ask her how old she is, she replies, "Three, like that" as she holds up three fingers.

Putting her to bed one night we had just finished saying her prayers and prayed for Leevi's safe return and she says, "I'll share my daddy with Kailee"

Hailey wanted to paint one day when I had all the babies, so I told her we could when they went down for their naps. She replied that she wanted the babies to cry. I asked her why would she want the babies to cry. She said, "So you will put them to bed"

Hailey has been potty-trained for a year, but still wears a Pull-Up to bed at night. More often than not she wakes up dry in the morning, but will sometimes pee in her Pull-Up instead of using the potty (that really irritates me!) One morning, after she peed in her Pull-Up after she was awake, I told her I would give her a treat if she keeps her Pull-Up dry (at first she looked at me real funny because she thought I was implying a dog treat) then she went into her room and took off her wet pull-up and put on a dry one and came back and said, "My pull-up is dry!" :)

A few nights ago we were at Tiffany's house for dinner and to let the kids play. Tiff's mom is visiting to help Tiffany out with the three kids while Jim is deployed. Later that night when I was getting Hailey to bed, she had been laying there quiet for at least 5 minutes and then all of a sudden whispers to me, "Mommy...Mommmy...Colin's Grandma...said butt!" :)

Here are some pics of the girls together...



1 comment:

Mrs. Swann said...

So jealous of the sundresses in March :( And, yes, those Bendaroos are sooooooooooo annoying. The girls had fun with them for a whole TWO days! Don't waste your money....