Friday, October 23, 2009

My Saving Grace!

Hailey is amazing. Period. There is no way I could have survived this deployment if she weren't so helpful! While, of course, she has her "remember I'm a three year old moments" they are typically pretty rare and short. She's a great big sister and my expectations of her actions/responsibilities are pretty high. She is my illegal child laborer helping me with the babies all day. :) She keeps them entertained and is helpful with bottles, finding things, consoling etc. And she's great with Kailee in the evenings/weekends while I make dinner, shower, clean-up etc. And I should even add that she's so helpful with Leila...feeding her, letting her out to pee, informing me when she'd pooped out back, putting her leash on for her walk, etc.

The countdown is on until Leevi gets home (less than 1.5 months!!!) and while I'm anxiously awaiting to give up the "single parent" role, Helper Hailey will keep me sane until then! :)
Some of the earliest pictures I have of Hailey with the babies...
Hailey feeding Gavin (I think he was about 8 months in this picture. I hadn't started watching him all the time yet, but this was one day his former sitter was off)
Hailey and newborn Brooke
Hailey and I with newborn Jackson at the hospitalJanuary 09 with Jackson and Brooke
Hailey and KaiKai at 2 months
And now...

No comments: