Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mother of the Year Award

Today I awarded myself the "Mother of the Year" honor for losing my child while I was napping. O.K., so not exactly, but...

Kailee was down for a nap (safe in her crib...didn't lose her!) and Hailey was playing My Little Ponies in her room. I told her I was going to lay down for a bit...I was just dozing off when Hailey came in and snuggled next to me and fell asleep (she had gotten up at 6:15am and she's still fighting a cold, so I was glad she joined me) We had been asleep for about 30 min, when Hailey sat up and muttered something about needing her whistle. ??? I could tell she was kind of out of it (and I was too from being asleep) but she got out of bed anyway. I dozed back off and then woke maybe 10 minutes later and realized that she hadn't come back and I didn't hear her in her room. I checked around upstairs and didn't see her and then checked around downstairs AND DIDN'T SEE HER. I didn't get panicky because a.) the house is child-proofed and b.) there are child locks on the doors leading outside so there was no way she could have gotten out. I assumed, given her groggy state, that she had fallen back asleep somewhere...it was just a matter of where! After checking around again upstairs, I was headed down to the garage when I decided to check the downstairs bathroom...the door was closed, but the light was on...


Poor thing...there was pee in the toliet (I'm assuming that's what woke her up in the first place) I just left her there and she got up maybe 30 min. later!

1 comment:

Sara Maida said...

Absolutely adorable! And hilarious! Good thing it was only number 1!!!!! Ha ha ha!