Monday, April 27, 2009

Tragedy in the MacDonald House...ok, not really...

Tragedy has struck our household...Hailey broke my camera! It happened on Friday when she was taking pictures of the babies...she brought it over to me to show me a picture and I think was trying to put it up on the island and then climb onto a chair, but it bumped out of her hand and dropped onto the floor with the lens out. The lens jammed open and is stuck forever! It's cheaper to just buy a new camera than it attempt a repair. I was crushed! I was really surprised at how mad I was. Not so much at Hailey, but at myself for letting her use it. I guess it has such sentimental value. It's created so many memories for me (ironically, I bought it when Leevi was in Afghanistan the first time 5 years ago). It's not like those memories were lost with the camera, so I'm not sure why I was so upset. And I'm not sure how differently I would have felt if I had dropped it or lost it or damaged it. Anyway, I had wanted a new camera soon (potential bday present, but had also thought about just waiting for Christmas), but I was going to keep the old one as a backup/smaller compact size for travel, beach, diaper bag, etc. I did a lot of research Friday and found one that I thought would be perfect. It's a Sony Cybershot like the one that broke, but a more professional model. It has some pretty amazing features like, Smile Shutter (it detects when the person smiles and snaps the picture!), 15x optical zoom, Face recognition, automatic scene selction, etc, etc. Hailey and I made a trip to the NEX on Saturday and bought it (glad I was able to walk in and buy it and walk out...it would have been too overwhelming to try to choose one at the store with a kid in tow). And I also bought a smaller Cybershot for the diaper bag...the sale price was unbelievable! And you can't beat the military tax free! So, I've gotten over it and am happy with my new purchase...still trying to figure all the features out. It will take some time, but I'll get plenty of practice with the babies this week! :)

This is the last picture taken on the old camera and the one Hailey was so excited to show me...looks like Kailee knew what was coming!

Practicing with the Smile Shutter...it's really amazing!

Checking out the zoom...


And lastly, a video of Hailey recapping the tragedy...

No comments: