Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back to Seattle and then HOME!

Our return trip on standby was nothing like the attempt over...the potential to be disastrous was there because there were only 3 flights leaving Norfolk and they were completely spread out over the day (6am, 2pm, 6pm) BUT we got on the first flight and only had to wait in Dallas for a few hours until we got on to Seattle (I did leave my cell phone in the sunshade of the stroller as I checked it at the gate in Dallas but the most wonderful flight attendant retrieved it for me or I probably would have never seen it again!!! Nor been able to call anyone because I only know about 3 people's phone numbers by heart!!)

This second time in Seattle we got to visit with the Haiders and Parkers (Honeybutt). The Haiders came out to Hawaii just a few days after we got home, so we just said a quick "hi" one afternoon and then headed to Amy's. The four kids had a blast and we are super excited that they are coming to Hawaii for a visit in November before Alex deploys again.

The girls with Alicia and Luke Haider
Josh and Janie Parker (and Kailee wondering where her breakfast was)

Janie and Amy at a playgroundThe four kids at an awesome "abstract" park in their neighborhood
She loved this spinning thing! I sat in it too...pretty cool! (check out the video below)

Hailey and Josh on the move (9 months apart)
Janie and Kailee (4 months apart)

The flight home from Seattle was 6 hrs (our longest time in the air so far)...the girls were great and napped and watched DVD's, but I was antsy!!! We were so excited to see Leila (and my own bed) and just unpacked the necessities and the girls and I went to bed at 6:30pm!!!! Thankfully I crashed when they did because they were both up at 5:30am, but we were refreshed and ready for the Haiders to come (post on that fun tomorrow!)

No comments: