Thursday, July 16, 2009

In Virginia Beach

Once we got to VB our trip was much more low-key...we (I) needed that by that point. We had lunch and dinner a few times with my grandmother and Dad and went to the zoo and botanical gardens with my brother, but a lot of the days were just spent lounging around with the Kownacks. Hailey loved their two big dogs and adored the kids (who are practically grown...two in college, one in high school and one in middle school...and to think I changed all of their diapers oh so many years ago!!!) Kailee was a beast during this part of the trip...her two teeth FINALLY cut through and I think at that point she had slept in so many beds and visited so many places that she was terrified to let me out of her sight. But this segment of the trip was full of so many "firsts" for Kailee: teeth, steps, words, waving bye, and playing peekaboo!!!!! (All of that deserves a blog entry of it's own...coming soon!!) Overall it was a great time and great visit and even linked up with some old high school friends because of facebook! :)

I think I took more videos than pictures in VB, and I still need to edit those...

The girls and I with my brother, Doug

A trip to the Norfolk ZooMy Dad and the girls


My grandmother and KaileeThe Kownack Clan (minus John) and us...Josie, Carole, Mary, Annie, Bobby, Hailey, Claudia, Kailee

A pyramid pic taken 11/04Trying to recreate the picture, but Hailey wouldn't get on top!

Swimming across the street with the James'
Hailey jamming out on Annie's drums

Hailey in 2006 wishing she could jam out...


No comments: