Monday, July 20, 2009

Kailee is 10 months!!!

Our baby is growing up! I want this year to fly by since Leevi is deployed, but at the same time that means Kailee's first year is practically over!! :( Tiffany and I are excitedly planning Mason's and Kailee's First Luau together (1st birthdays are HUGE in Hawaii...locals go all out with expenses that are equivalent of weddings...not us, but it'll be more than we would do back home!) :)

Kailee is so much fun and so laid back (although she is starting to hold her ground against Hailey...she will let you know (and the neighbors) if Hailey takes a toy away from her) :) She has been taking a few steps for almost a month now...not "walking" by any means, but 3 to 4 steps at a time if I prompt her. For the first time last night after dinner she stood by herself in the middle of the floor and took a few steps while Hailey and I were still eating!!!!! Should be coming soon. Technically, Kailee took steps before Hailey did, but I'm thinking this milestone will be similar to all the other biggies where they do it around the same time. Once Hailey started taking steps at 10.5 months it wasn't long before she started running. For Kailee, we shall see!

Kailee decided to show off during the last part of our trip...all of a sudden just over 9 months she started taking steps, playing peekaboo, saying BALL, UH OH and MAMA, got her first two teeth, and she waved bye for the first time to a flight attendant when we got off the plane.

She is into everything...there isn't too much she can get into and cause trouble, but the things she knows she can't have (Leila's water, the bathroom trash cans, toliet paper and the remote) seem to be her favorites. As she crawls over to Leila's water she will turn and look at me and smile and then race me to the bowl! Little booger!

Funny story...yesterday after lunch Hailey went out to play with the neighbors and Kailee was in the playarea while I cleaned up. All of a sudden I hear this exaggerated slurping noise...I couldn't see Kailee between the recliner and couch, but I made a mad dash over to her to see what in the world she was drinking. It was a cup of water that Hailey had left out and amazingly she hadn't dropped it...I grabbed the camera and then let her have it back...here's pics and video



No comments: