Saturday, July 4, 2009

We're Home!

The girls and I spent the last few weeks traveling the mainland visiting friends and family on the East and West coasts. We had a wonderful time and did lots of fun things, but I am beat! I've been dragging my feet on getting back online and uploading pictures. I am impressed with myself that I've gotten everything unpacked! Ask me in a week if I've gotten the suitcases up in the attic though!! :) I'll try to blog about specific stories of our trip and people we visited over the next few days, but here's a synopsis of our trip in numbers...

21...#of days gone
47...#of people we visited
6...#of flights (before that last flight Hailey said to me, "I don't want to go on an airplane anymore!" I agreed! :)
11,020...# of miles flown
26...# of hours flying in the air
25...#of hours waiting in airports for our flights/layovers trying to keep two little ones entertained (we had a really LONG day in Seattle flying standby from Washington to Virginia...got to the airport at 4am and then finally got on a flight at 3pm)
21...#of playmates for Hailey and Kailee
1...# of weddings (Congrats Danielle and Geoff)
10...#of dogs at places we stayed (Hailey was in heaven)
7...# of roadtrip hours
8...# of items misplaced (2 sippy cups, 2 sweaters for the airplane, a harmonica, a water spray bottle for Hailey's hair, a book, and an airplane neck pillow. I know where I left everything except for the sweaters!)
2...# of teeth Kailee cut during the 1st and 2nd week! Painful (for everyone!) :)
8...# of beds we slept in
Countless...# of memories we made!!!

The order of these pictures is way off, but I'm too tired to mess with this blog entry anymore...you'll get the point!
Crashed on the airplane on our overnight flight leaving Hawaii


In the water at Riverfront Park
At a park in Seattle...she kept poking her head in that hole on purpose and then would try to burrow her way out below
Lots and lots of dress up!

Hi Monkey!! A visit to the zoo with Uncle Doug
Visiting Leevi's grandparents
Visiting Leevi's sister
The playground at the Seattle airport...a lifesaver!Keeping busy!
Hailey's hair was nice and "calm" in Seattle without the humidity!!!!!

Kailee always started the night in a pack-n-play but would never wake there in the morning!
Mandy and Hailey
Was she trying to tell me it was time to go home?


No comments: