Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kurpfalz Park

I have been wanting to go to Kurpfalz Park in Wachenheim since I heard about it our first year here in Germany.  It's a low scale amusement park to some degree with rides, playgrounds and animals.  It was a little pricey, but loads of fun!  I had forgotten that I hadn't posted about this yet...we went over Memorial Day weekend (note the sweaters and hats...ugh!!!)  The sun did pop in and out though so we weren't miserable by any means!
 
The sack slides were definitely the favorite (probably because we didn't have to wait in line) and we must have done them 20 times!  I don't think I'll ever get over how brave the girls are!!!  :)  The Hand Brake coaster line wasn't too long, but it was hard to partner up an adult with each kid (and leave one behind with Luke).  The sign below says, push the lever foward to speed up or pull back to brake....it was fun, but I was chicken and braked a few times! :)  There was also a toboggan slide next to the coaster that was pretty fun!!!
Each kid got their own box of animal food to feed the bunnies, goats, pigs, horse, raccoons, and deer throughout the day. 
I'm fairly certain that the majority of German parks (indoor and outdoor) allow you to bring your own food in....AWESOME! 
 Playground fun...


 Ice cream treat...we ended up getting Luke his own because he wanted a bite from everybody!

And some video snippets from the day...
 

No comments: